The Mid-Valley STEM-CTE Hub is excited to announce that we have partnered with Oregon Connections (also known as Nepris) – a social community that connects educators and learners with a global database of network and industry professionals and experts – to provide full access to their platform for public schools in our region for FREE.
Watch this overview to learn more:
Engage students through Real-world connections
Educators, librarians, and counselors can access an extensive network of industry professionals who bring real-world context to everyday lessons by:
- Joining an industry-offered virtual chat
- Requesting a virtual guest speaker for your class
- Browsing and viewing industry videos
- Exploring career pathways
Learn more at www.midvalleystem.org/oregon-connections-educators/.
Check out these upcoming presentations below and fill out this form to get yourself signed up with Oregon Connections through the Mid-Valley STEM-CTE Hub.
Join the Build My Future and Oregon World of Work series, both taking place now!
- Build My Future, in partnership with Klamath Basin Home Builders Association, will cover all that’s involved in construction and home building!
- Oregon WOW (World of Work) has rotating topics each month, plus how to better engage your students with Oregon Connections! Catch the final Health Science sessions in October, and register for November sessions on Automotive & Manufacturing!
Build My Future
- Mix it up: Working with Concrete & Asphalt | 10/27 | 1:30 pm PT | Grades 6-12
- Getting Started with a Roofing Career | 11/3 | 10:00 am PT | Grades 6-12
- Every Shingle Step: an Intro to Roofing and Framing | 11/5 | 1:30 pm PT | Grades 6-12
- Pipe Dreams: an Intro to Plumbing Careers | 11/10 | 10:00 am PT | Grades 6-12
- Opportunities in Skilled Trades & Carpentry | 11/19 | 10:00 am PT | Grades 6-12
Oregon World of Work
- The Work of a Primary Care Physician | 10/29 | 1:00 pm PT | Grades K-8
- College Majors for Healthcare Careers | 10/30 | 9:00 am PT | Grades 6-12
- The Wide World of Welding | 11/3 | 2:00 pm PT | Grades 6-12
- Degrees & Careers in Transportation Tech | 11/4 | 1:00 pm PT | Grades 9-12
- Exploring the Many Ways to be an Electrician | 11/10 | 9:00 am PT | Grades 6-12
- Veterans Day Q&A: What it Means to Serve | 11/10 | 12:00pm PT | Grades 6-12
- From Scratch & Dent to Street Machines | 11/12 | 9:00 am PT | Grades 6-12
- The Transit Industry wants YOU | 11/18 | 1:00 pm PT | Grades 6-12
FOR BUSINESS & INDUSTRY
We’re looking for interested volunteers in our region to sign up and offer a virtual chat on any topic of your choice at a date and time most convenient for you. From there, Oregon Connections/Nepris will invite educators and learners across the country to join your session. We will also share this opportunity with educators in our own region.
Some ideas for virtual Industry chats:
- Give a presentation on or offer a Q&A session to talk about your career
- Give learners a virtual tour of your workplace
- Discuss your career pathway
- Conduct virtual mock interviews
- Discuss the various careers at your company
Do you work in the manufacturing, automotive, or cybersecurity industries? Those areas are featured careers for November’s Oregon World of Work series.
Interested in learning more? Please contact us so we can help you make a difference for educators and students in our community!