Welcome Closing the Gap guest speaker, Ashley Merback!
Ashley is a woodworker and co-owner of Highland Woodshop, among the numerous other hats she wears in her career. Join us for this episode as Forrest Johnson (Mid-Valley STEM-CTE Hub’s Makerspace Coordinator) and Kacey talk with Ashley about the importance of makerspaces and being able to work with your hands, as well as building a career around two very different types of career fields.
Q: Please describe your educational/training background
Q: Please describe where you work & your occupation
Q: Career-wise, what have been your proudest moments/highlights/accomplishments so far?
Q: What are some of your future goals or things you would like to accomplish?
Q: What have been some of your biggest career challenges?
Q: Many young women might not be aware of the career available in STEM fields. What do you think can be done to spread the word to women about career options in these fields?
Q: Do you have any advice for women who are looking to follow in a similar career path?
Q: What do you like to do for fun in your spare time?
- Ashley’s episode will be available on January 24th. Listen here!
- You can also listen on Spotify!
- Interested in creating something of your own at Highland Woodshop? You can find out more here!
- Interested in a career in woodworking or construction? Oregon Tradeswomen may be a good place to get started.
- Download Ashley’s Closing the Gap poster here!