Welcome to the 7th annual STEM Week Oregon, a state-wide movement to raise awareness, celebrate and engage in activities involving Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math!
This year, STEM Week takes place from May 8th – May 16th. The Mid-Valley STEM-CTE Hub is hosting a whole slate of events for educators, families, and community members.
Here’s what we have lined up so far:
All week – Virtual showing of the award-winning documentary: “Picture A Scientist” – More details soon!
Monday, May 10th
- Lunch & Learn Presentation: “Project-Based Learning for All” by Dr. John Spencer (12 – 1 p.m.)
Tuesday, May 11th
- Lunch & Learn Presentation: “Take Apart Workshop” by Forrest Johnson (12 – 1 p.m.)
- Story Time: Author, Vicky Fang, will read her book, “Invent-A-Pet!” (4 p.m.)
Wednesday, May 12th
- Lunch & Learn Presentation: “Everyday STEM: How to Build a Culture of STEM in our Classrooms & Communities” by Chris Woods (12 -1 p.m.)
- Presentation: “Littles Learn to Code & Code to Learn” by Daphne McMenemy (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.)
Thursday, May 13th
- Lunch & Learn Presentation: “Metered Madness: 5 STEM Tricks to Catch and Fix Lousy Leaks” by Nathan Conroy (12 – 1 p.m.)
- Virtual Activity: Author, Vicky Fang, will lead an activity based on her book “Layla & the BOTS – Happy Paws” (4 p.m.)
Friday, May 14th
- Presentation for High School Students: “Meet a Scientist” by the National Energy Laboratory (10 – 11 a.m.)
- Lunch & Learn Presentation: “Discovering Your Inner Scientist” by Dr. Susan Salafsky (12 – 1 p.m.)
- Virtual Activity: STEAM @ Home by Darryl Thomas, WOU Rainbow Dance Theatre (3:30 – 4 p.m.)
Saturday, May 15th
- Virtual Activity: STEAM @ Home by Darryl Thomas, WOU Rainbow Dance Theatre (10 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Virtual Activity: STEAM @ Home by Darryl Thomas, WOU Rainbow Dance Theatre (1 – 1:30 p.m.)
Registration is now live!!! See www.midvalleystem.org/STEM-Week-OR-2021 for more details.
Interested in organizing your own activity or event during STEM Week? All you need to do to participate is sign up on the STEM Oregon website.
Please contact us if you have questions, or are interested in hosting an event or activity in our region for STEM Week!