Professional Development opportunities for staff ($2,000 stipend for participating staff). This opportunity is funded by STEM Beyond Schools
Are you an afterschool/out-of-school instructor, leader, or site manager working with students in grades 3-8 either virtually or in-person, or are planning to do so? SBS is accepting applications to join our current statewide networked learning community of out-of-school/after-school educators and community-based organizations and receive a $2000 stipend to flexibly participate in 50 hours of professional development (PD). Funded by an Oregon Department of Education grant, SBS aims to increase community and culturally-based STEM learning experiences for youth by supporting educators from community youth programs and to create space for participating educators to support one another through sharing and joint learning.
SBS is focused on improving out-of-school STEAM learning opportunities. We support educators with the tools they need to offer community-based, high-quality STEM/STEAM-specific programming that is relevant to their communities and students. We have the opportunity for educators to join us for 50 hours of flexible virtual professional development from Oct.-May focused on social-emotional learning, STEM/STEAM, the practices of the Next Generation Science Standards, Youth Development, and culturally inclusive and community-based programming.
- The Learning Community runs from October 2020-May 2021 (school-year months).
- Stipends are for afterschool/out of school instructors, leaders or site managers working with students of color, English Language Learners, students experiencing poverty, and students with disabilities, in grades 3-8.
- Apply now to be considered for a stipend – DUE OCTOBER 16 by noon. Stipends are intended to cover staff time to participate and any additional PD fees (with approval)
- More program details.
- SBS is funded by an Oregon Department of Education STEM Innovation Grant.
- Questions? Contact Statewide Program Director Beth St. Amand at email@example.com.