The Trades Notebook was developed and supported by the LBLC3 Steering Committee. This work has been supported by funding from the Regional Promise grant and is a resource for high school students and partners throughout the Linn Benton Lincoln region.
There are 24 occupation profiles in the Trades Notebook. Each occupation profile has the following information:
- Median salary right at the top of the page.
- List of Top 5 Skills required for the occupation.
- List of possible Job Titles.At least 5 Primary Tasks for that occupation (a complete list can be accessed at www.qualityinfo.org (scroll down to Tools and type the occupation in the Search box).
- Hourly Wages and Regional Job Market graphics (again, this info was accessed at www.qualityinfo.org and found in the tables under Linn/Benton or Mid-Valley).
- Preparation for the career which is a listing of recommended high school courses for students.
- Requirements for pursuing post-secondary education for that occupation (often community college, special training programs, or apprenticeships).
- Contact information for the training program for that occupation.
- Relevant links are at the bottom of the page. Please encourage your students to explore these and learn more about the occupation they are interested in!