Join us for this special Lunch & Learn event for Manufacturing Month! You’ll get to hear from women who work in the manufacturing & trades industries. This presentation is appropriate for middle school and high school students.
Friday, October 16th from 12 – 1 p.m. Register here to get the Zoom link! (Don’t worry — If you can’t make the live event, we’ll have your email so we can send you the recorded presentation afterward!)
MEET OUR PANEL OF SPEAKERS
- When I visit classrooms, my first question is always “As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up” so let’s start off with that little icebreaker, and then please tell us a little bit about your current job and what your work looks like every day.
- How did you arrive at your current position? What attracted you to a career in manufacturing/trades?
- There are a lot of outdated stereotypes about the manufacturing/trades sector: stereotypes like the workplaces are dirty and dangerous and that the field and skills are better fit for men. Have you encountered stereotypes like these in your education or career and how did you overcome them?
- Many young women are not aware of the opportunities available in manufacturing & trades. What do you think can be done to spread the word to women about career options in these fields?
- Would you recommend a career in manufacturing and trades? And, if so, why?
Have a question of your own? Send it here.